Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) is a set of tools which can be used to run your own brain more successfully, to change thought processes and can be used as a self development tool.
There are many processes within NLP and the methods and insights can be used to be more in charge of your thoughts and feelings. Examples of what NLP can be used to improve are:
- Acquire skills and attitudes to do something that you are unable to do now and would like to be able to achieve
- Breaking habits, even long-term
- Confidence issues
- Communicate more effectively with others
- Public speaking
- Increase a skill that you already have
- Manage your thoughts, moods and behaviour more effectively
- Remove a phobia that could be holding you back
- Setting goals (short term and future goals)
NLP can be used content free which means that all of the changes can take place in the comfort of your own mind without having to share much detail of a problem or issue.